Read more about Precision in Positioning? Enter your e-mail address here and you will receive the PDF.
Total Automation Solutions
Moog Animatics was founded in 1987 with the aim to offer real intelligent motion solutions, instead of simple motors. This resulted in a whole range of intelligent motors with an integrated controller called SmartMotor TM, consisting of a servo motor, an encoder, an amplifier, a controller, RS232/RS485 communication, and I/Os. With this new formula, Animatics made advanced, decentralised motion applications possible, which can be deployed throughout the supply chain.
Animatics’ SmartMotor TM intelligent servomotors are equipped with 2 different connector styles. The D-style SmartMotors come with a primary RS232 comm port, 7 5V TTL NON-ISOL I/O channels, a dedicated encoder out and optionally 10 additional 24VDC ISOL I/O channels. The M-style SmartMotors have a primary RS485 comm port, 11 general 24V ISOL I/O channels, a dedicated encoder bus and DRV-ENBL In and NOT-FAULT Out. So the Animatics SmartMotors can be seamlessly applied in any motion application.
- All D-Style SmartMotors have a primary RS232 comm port
- All D-style SmartMotors have 7 5V TTL NON-ISOL I/O channels
- Optional 10 24VDC ISOL I/O extended channels
- Dedicated encoder out
- All M-style SmartMotors have a primary RS485 comm port
- All M-style SmartMotors have 11 24V ISOL I/O channels for general purpose use
- Dedicated DRV-ENBL In and NOT-FAULT Out
- Dedicated encoder bus
Visit the website of Animatics for more information.